We provide more than just help with class selection
Our guidance program places emphasis on assisting students throughout the whole educational process. Guidance counselors:
- Arrange for testing and assessment of the students
- Hold academic conferences during the year with each student
- Assign tutors and provide referrals for other services as needed
- Provide advice on the career and college selection process
- Guide them in filling out scholarship applications
The success of our students in college acceptances is partially due to the individual attention they receive at this stage of their career planning. Students must do their part as well. When they feel the need to talk to a counselor for personal or academic reasons, they should take the initiative to schedule an appointment. Students must remember that the responsibility for the college application process lies primarily with the student and their families.